Those with a sense of adventure will be rewarded in the Flinders Ranges & Outback region. Experiences here are unique to South Australia.
1. Discover the rich history of Port Pirie, the gateway to the Southern Flinders Ranges. Take the Heritage Walk or visit Shakka the Shark at the Visitor Infomation Centre.
2. Visit the ancient landscapes of Wilpena Pound or take a scenic flight over Australia’s largest lake, Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre National Park.
3. Take a train journey along a heritage railway aboard Pichi Richi Railway as it cruises along the old Ghan line between Port Augusta and Quorn in the Southern Flinders Ranges.
4. Head to Leigh Creek in the picturesque Northern Flinders Ranges and enjoy a picnic in the beautiful Aroona Dam Sanctuary.
5. Take a trip to Magnetic Hill, put the car in neutral and feel yourself be pulled up the hill.
6. Picnic at the beautiful Bundaleer Forest, surrounded by century-old gums, or enjoy one of the many walking trails.